Thursday, April 17, 2008

Trying something new

Well, Beate had her Fresh & Fun Freebies because she had 1.6M hits on her blog. So, she had a raffle, and all you had to do to enter the raffle was to post a comment to her blog entry with your favorite color combination. I was entry #209 with my favorite color combo as Always Artichoke, Old Olive, Groovy Guava and River Rock. I didn't win, Oh well. But I did decide to go through all of the comments and try some of the color combinations that I would have never dreamed of using together. So, I made a list of 25 of the color combos that were posted. So, far I have made two cards using the different color combos.

The first card I made was using Taken with Teal, Certainly Celery and Chocolate Chip/Close to Cocoa. I have an entire pack of Taken with Teal paper that I bought probably 8 months ago, and I never opened it until today. Once I got it, I didn't know which colors I wanted to use with it, so I never used it. So, here is the baby card I made with this color combo. Also, I decided since I hadn't made a pocket card in a while, that I would make this baby card, pocket style.


The next color combination I decided to try was Elegant Eggplant (sorry Beate, I know you're not a fan of purple), Summer Sun and Old Olive. As I was going through the huge list of color combos, I realized that I haven't used Elegant Eggplant since I was making Christmas cards, so I was looking for color combos so that I could use it more often, all year long. I also tried a new technique that Beate had on SplitCoastStampers for this card. I used the chalkboard technique. It was fun using this technique because I had to dig out my stampin' pastels (which I hadn't used in who knows how long). I had fun making both of these cards, I can't wait to make some more of the cards with the other color combos on my list.


No comments: