Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Short trip to Canada

Well, I just got back from Edmonton, Alberta last Friday. It was a short trip (I didn't even get to spend 2 whole days with Ezequiel) because I missed my connection in Denver and wasn't able to get on a flight until the next day. Then once I got there, I realized that my camera had been accidentally been switched on and then ran out of battery. I didn't bring my charger because I had fully charged the camera right before I left. The weather was quite nice. The highs were in the upper 30's and the lows were in the mid 20's. It was a nice change of pace from mid 80's here in DFW. Since I got back from Edmonton, I started feeling very yucky. I had to leave work early on Saturday night (actually Sunday morning) so that I could go to an emergency care clinic. I have the flu and bronchitis. I haven't had the flu in so long that I can't even remember when. So, they gave me an antibiotic injection at the doctor's office and then prescribed an anti-viral and antibiotic for me to take. I am starting to feel a little better now. Not 100% yet, but I am on my way. I pulled a muscle in my abdominal region because I was coughing so much. Also, my throat is still very sore from coughing. The best thing for a sore throat is ice cream. And the best ice cream can only be found at Milwaukee Joe's. Hmmmm, I think I'm going to go to Rosa's and get the Taco Tuesday Special. Then head to Milwaukee Joe's, hopefully they still have some Oatmeal Creme Cake Ice Cream left.

No comments: