Saturday, July 28, 2007

My apartment is leaking again!

I know, I know, it has been a long time since I posted anything. I am normally extremely exhausted and don't even bother with trying to post anything. I am going to try and get better at it. So, this is how my weekend is going so far. Thursday night I left work early because I wasn't feeling well. And early Friday morning I noticed that water was leaking from around the light fixture in my bathroom. So, I called maintenance to have it fixed. There was a leak in a pipe that was in the ceiling. So, they had to cut a hole in the ceiling and fix it. And they were going to come back on Monday to repair the hole in the ceiling. It was a big inconvenience because I normally sleep during the day (which I didn't get to do yesterday). Then at about 3:30am on Saturday morning, I noticed that water was starting to leak from another part of the ceiling. At first I was thinking the ceiling was still wet from the day before and it just needed to dry out. But then water started leaking from two other places in the ceiling in the bathroom. What a way to start the weekend out, huh? Then more and more water started dripping down, so I went ahead and called maintenance at about 6:45AM. I frantically started cleaning out my linen closet in the bathroom because water was dripping in there also. And I had close to $1500 worth of stuff in there. The value of my wallflower refills and fragrance oils alone is almost $800. When the maintenance man showed up and started looking at the pipes again, he noticed that there was another leak in the same frickin' pipe as before. He had to cut a bigger hole in the ceiling and water just started pouring down. Then he showed me where the pipe was leaking and how it was the same pipe and he thought the plumbers that had come out the day before were going to replace it. So, they only replaced part of the pipe when the entire piece of that pipe had began to oxidize and corrode? What's up with that?? The maintenance man put a clamp on the pipe as a temporary fix while we are waiting for the plumbers to come out and replace the entire pipe. They were supposed to be here within an hour to an hour and a half. Hmmmm, they were called almost 3 hours ago and they still aren't here. I just hope this time it is fixed so that the pipe doesn't start leaking again. Anyways, so now they are pretty much going to have to replace almost the entire ceiling in my bathroom. This is the third time I have had leaking in my bathroom in the last year. So, needless to say, I will not be renewing my lease contract here. Here are some pics of my ceiling, they might be difficult to see cause it is kinda dark in the ceiling, but here they are.






No comments: